Keller Williams Realty Landmark
32-55 Francis Lewis Blvd
Flushing, NY 11358
- ABR, CIPS, CRS, GRI
When you select Nancy & David Legaz to be your REALTOR, not only do you get our experience as TOP PRODUCERS, you receive the benefits of our TEAM.
Prior to entering real estate Dave attended Queensboro Nursing School, NYPD Police Academy and had a very successful career as a Police Officer and retiring as a Sergeant. Dave brings his people skills and computer knowledge that he obtained from the NYPD into the real estate field. While working as a Police Officer Dave obtained his real estate license in 1995 and assisted his wife and full time Realtor® Nancy. After responding to the 9-11 World Trade Center tragedy and losing his partner Dave retired in 2002.
In 2000 Nancy & Dave left Diana Duarte Realty to work at RE/MAX Universal and then in 2007 leaving to open the first NYC Keller Williams Realty franchise.
About Dave Legaz
- Dave is the Team Leader of a successful real estate team consisting of 6 additional agents
- Dave, a RE Broker, is a strong believer in education and has obtained the following designations: ABR, CIPS, CRS, e-Pro, GRI, RSPS, SRES.
Download the Home Search App by visiting:
Download My www.QueensHomeFinderApp.com:
You can contact me directly
with questions or requests regarding any property.
Our powerful GPS Mobile Home Search App
- Has the ability to search for homes based on your criteria or by custom drawing on an interactive map
- Is GPS localized data displays homes in a given area that match your price range
- Has the ability to easily swipe through galleries of photos to decide whether a home fits your needs and then add it to saved searches for convenient reference
- Has the ability to save notes on properties for your future reference
- You can call, text or email me from the app
Dave's REALTOR® Designations:
- ABR® – REALTORS® with the ABR® (Accredited Buyer’s Representative) designation understand the special needs of buyers. By working with an ABR®, you’ll be working with someone who has gone the extra mile by completing specialized training in delivering the best in buyer representation services.
- CIPS – With NY being in the top five Cities searched by foreign buyers and that $92 Billion is expected to be spent this year in the US, I have successfully completed the Certified International Property Specialist designation course. This specialized training allows me to help clients with the unique difficulties of being an international buyer. My experience and expertise helps foreign buyers navigate the complex, time-consuming and overwhelming process of purchasing in the US.
- CRS – Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) REALTORS® understands the complexities of the housing market, how to best position your interests and someone who will get to know you and what you want from the transaction. Only 3% of REALTORS® have successfully completed the 32 credit course.
- GRI – A REALTOR® with the Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation is trained in many areas, including legal and regulatory issues, professional standards, the sales process and technology. A minimum of 90 hours of training is required to achieve the GRI designation.
- e-PRO® – e-PRO® certification indicates that a REALTOR® has been trained on social media strategies and technology tools required throughout the real estate transaction.
- SRES® – When looking for a real estate professional that will respond to your specific 50+ real estate needs, look for a Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Designee.
- RSPS - Recognized as an official NAR Certification, and allows buyers and sellers to have confidence in the ability of a REALTOR® who specializes in buying, selling or management of properties for investment, development, retirement, or second homes in a resort, recreational and/or vacation destination, to assist them with their search.
Current Elected Positions:
- 2013 to Present: Board of Director, National Association of Realtors®
- 2012 to Present: Board of Director, New York State Association of Realtors®
- 2015: Executive Board of Director, Long Island Board of Realtors® - Treasurer
- 2014-2015 Executive Board of Director, Chinese American Real Estate Association - Secretary
- 2013-2015 Founding Board of Director, Asian Real Estate Association of America - New York East Chapter
Local & National Committees:
- National Association of Realtors®: Member Communications Committee
- NYS Association of Realtors®: Vice Chair of the Organizational Planning Committee, Article 12A working Group, Co-op Issues Working Group, Legislative Steering Committee & Professional Standards Committee,
- Long Island Board of Realtors®: Executive Board of Directors, Public Relations, Legislative, Professional Standards, Education Committee & Common Interest Ownership Committee
Appointed Keller Williams Realty Positions:
- Associate Leadership Council at Keller Williams Realty Landmark (2007-2012)
The Associate Leadership Council is comprised of agents from the top twenty percent of the Keller Williams® agent body in the office. The purpose of the Associate Leadership Council is to guarantee our associates a vehicle for giving direct input as to the operation of Keller Williams®.
The ALC is actively involved in the leadership of the company, holding ownership and management accountable to live within the budget, and participates in attaining the goals of the Market Center i.e., production, drive profit, education and standards and principles. The ALC acts as the Market Center's "Board of Directors" and are the guardians of the culture.
- International Associate Leadership Council at Keller Williams Realty International (2009-2012)
This prestigious appointment is similar to the Market Center this council makes policy decisions that drives the direction of Keller Williams Realty International.
- Keller Williams Realty Cultural Ambassador 2014 Award for demonstrated the ability of "Doing The Two!" (Being a Mega Agent and one who exhibits a culture of giving, sharing, and helping to grow the culture within KW by teaching his best practices that made him successful.
- LIBOR with the 2014 Realtor® Spirit Award for his efforts in bringing awareness and raising over $21,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), as many World Trade Center First Responders are now suffering from Blood Cancers. Dave was a 9-11 First Responder as a NYPD Sergeant and fears he may also succumb to cancer as thousands of others have due to their exposure. Unfortunately, Dave lost his partner there on that awful day.
- AREAA's National Top 25 Top Producer 2014 List at #19
- National Association of Hispanic Professionals (NAHREP) - 2014 Realtor® Excellence Award
- LIBOR 2014 Realtor® of the Year Award Recipient
"Hi Dave and Nancy Laurie Barones friend, in westchester. Hope all is well, Im sure your busy, but my neice Dina Passaro is looking for a month to month rental/sublet in Nassau County, and want to buy a 1-2 bedroom condo coop near the water if she can. Here is her number 347 288 2941 Text her b/c she is at work. She needs to get out of her place now, living with a guy she is not wanting to stay with any longer. Thank you for your help. Sincerely Gina Difabio aunt 9148043292."
-Gina Difabio, Family
"Nancy & David- The decision to work with you was clearly the right one. We appreciate all that you put into selling our home. Although it would have been great if the market was better and the selling price was more – but all in all we do not have one single regret. I guess we all thought that it was going to sell quickly but honestly we are just so glad that it sold when it did. Things are not getting better they are getting worse all over. The time was right for us to start a new journey and the place we picked is just amazing. We love our new home and we look forward to making a good life here. We hope all is going well for you. Our sincere thanks for everything. We wish you continued good health, happiness and success. Warmest Regards - Judy & Dennis"
-Judy & Dennis, Client
"David - I had a pleasure of working with one of your team members and I'd like the world to know how great she truly is. :)) This letter is written to express my gratitude for the professionalism, expediency, efficiency and high level of interpersonal skills that Karolina Slupinska has conveyed throughout a four month period that we worked together. After having dealt with numerous realtors who were only interested in whether or not I would make an offer on a particular sale; after having dealt with a great deal of impatience and lack of interest with regard to my desires, Karolina was a wonderful and a welcomed change. Her main concern was to address my needs, which I’ve (so did Karolina) come to learn were very many, since I was buying an apartment that was being renovated. She was always very patient with my requests and extremely prompt in addressing them. Her ability to negotiate, resolve and continuously manage all aspects of all parties involved, in the purchase of my very firs"
-Marina Perkovic, Client
"Nancy & David- Thank you so much for helping me and my sister to become first time home sellers. :-) It has been great working with you. Packing and cleaning until the very last second made our departure less emotional. Now, we are facing countless boxes to open but happy. Again, thank you so much for your hard work. All the best to both of you and hope to see you again!! Hugs - Jeeye Kim"
-Jeeye Kim, Client
"Dave & Karolina - Thanks again for everything! Got the pictures and they have been a big help! Loving the place and couldn't be happier. If i ever do anything going forward I wouldn't hesitate to utilize you guys! Thanks again - Richard Mongiardo"
-Richard Mongiardo, Client
"Nancy & David- We Hope you guys got a chance to take a break from work and perhaps get away for a little bit. It took longer then we had expected, but we wanted to share with you that we moved into our new home last Saturday! It's so exciting to finally have our own home. Thank you so much to you and David for all your hard work and support throughout the process. It really has meant so much to us. We feel very blessed to have met and worked with you. If you are in the area and have time, please let us know, and come on over! We would love to show you our new home. Sincerely - Stan and Joanne Hsieh"
-Stan and Joanne Hsieh, Client
"David- Michell and I just wanted to thank you so very much for all of your hard work during this process. We have appreciated all of your help. And we were extremely touched that you offered to pay for a portion of the assessment at our insane closing today. Expect an invitation soon for that BBQ! Thank you again! -Jennifer Parris"
-Jennifer Parris, Client
"David- Just wanted to say "Thanks" to you and your team for the effort on the apartment. After all the starts and stops along the way, I realize we actually got lucky by the time all was said and done. Good luck - Mark Rann"
-Mark Rann, Client
"David and Nancy - My wife and I just wanted to thank you guys for all the info. Thank you David for sending me all the research info, and thank you Nancy for showing us the apartments at Lehavre. My wife and I are in love with the place that we saw, but after a long and hard discussion, we felt it best to wait on the decision to sell our place and buy one until next year. Several factors came into play for this decision, new baby on the way, working on my MA degree and plan to pursue a Doctorate afterwards. Although I would love to stay in NYC, I cannot guarantee that I won't have to take a position out of state. But if I do end up in a school in NYC (as that is my major goal) then we will definitely like to use your services to both sell our place and find us one at the Lehavre (now that Nancy already knows exactly what we are looking for there). Even if we have to move out of state eventually, we will contact you about selling our condo. My wife and I were impressed with both your pr"
-Evan and Yoonhee Lee, Client
"Nancy & David - Thanks for all your help in our home buying Journey. We all strive for a closing yesterday and Achieved the goal, under much pressure..but it did get done.Both,you and Nancy were professional throughout our search ,and Cheryl and I thank you. Enjoy the upcoming Holiday’s and have a happy and healthy new year…Thank You - Arnold and Cheryl Kramer"
-Arnold and Cheryl Kramer, Client
"Nancy and David - Thank you for your help throughout the process. From the first time we met David a couple of years ago, and Nancy this year, we've thought that it would be really nice to work with you both. We feel blessed to have your assistance. -Stan & Joanne Hsieh"
-Stan & Joanne Hsieh, Client
"Nancy & Dave - I know it was a bumpy ride, but you guys did a great job for us, and I appreciate your patience and hard work. Thanks. - Lou & Allison Caggia"
-Lou & Allison Caggia, Client
"Nancy and David- When my husband and I decided to sell our co-op and move out West, we were a bit hesitant because of stories we’ve heard about trying to sell a home in today’s economy and how people just weren’t confident in their real estate brokers. Well, we finally made up our minds and decided to take the plunge! We had heard about the “Legaz Team” and your good reputation from others in our community. That was our deciding factor to give you “guys” a call! Your professionalism when sitting down with us in our home immediately put my husband and me at ease -- but we also knew that we were in for a tough time because homes were not selling like they used to. Through the whole selling process, you were with us 100%. Your knowledge, compassion and confidence are what kept us afloat and made the whole experience for us a pleasant one. We wanted brokers that would be strong, could answer all questions a buyer would have and not just stand-by and not be aggressive … you were all t"
-Elise Cooper, Client
"David-I appreciate the work you and Karolina did in pulling my information together for the application. I actually selected the Legaz Team not only because I knew you have been listing apartments in Le Havre for many years but because I knew you would know how to put the application together. - Edward Kling"
-Edward Kling, Client
"Dave - You probably know this already. Carol was terrific all along the way in getting me through the selling of my mom's house. Very thorough, professional and most importantly thoughtful and patient. She helped make the whole process, something I wasn't looking forward to, very smooth. Be thankful she's on your team. Thank you Dave- Sincerely- Eddie Ahr"
-Eddie Ahr, Client
"David Legaz- That's great news about the closing! An even bigger thank you, because this was a referral, I did one Google search for the top agent in east Elmhurst, and no one but you came up. The mere fact you were also apart of KW put me at ease, as I was in unfamiliar territory, and needed the grace of a seasoned agent. I have only been an agent a little over a year, but I hope to rise within the ranks, and show up within a Google search as a top agent, with your track record, your knowledge, and efficacy. Thank YOU. Happy Holidays. -Devon Morgan- Keller Williams Realty NYC Group"
-Devon Morgan, Colleague
"David and Nancy- Wanted to Thank you again for everything and making this stressful situation a very pleasant and “easy” one for us! - Elise & Gary"
-Elise & Gary Cooper, Client
"Dear David - I want to thank you for helping me in such a big way. The process of selling my co-op and wading through the paperwork to get my buyers approved, was solely attributed to you. At times the situation seemed desperate and was certainly an emotional life altering experience for me. Without your generosity and capable knowledge and your willingness to “see it though”, there is no doubt in my mind the deal wouldn’t have closed. Please accept my sincere appreciation for your support, interest and dedication. All the best to you and Nancy. Thank you again - Claire Cashin"
-Claire Cashin, Client
"June 17, 2006 After my elderly mother’s health failed, we three children, each living far from Long Island, needed to sell her apartment at Le Havre. Fortunately for us, we found Nancy & David Legaz and they took charge. Before we had even recorded the virtual tour, they brought us an offer from a financially well qualified buyer. Nancy & Dave stayed with us through the sale doing all the small things we could not do for ourselves: recommending our attorney, dropping off keys and dealing with Le Havre management when we needed to check to see that our carbon monoxide detector was working. I have confidence that we could not have negotiated a better price, sold as quickly after signing the Contract of Sale, or done this with fewer doubts or hassles. Le Havre apartments are unique commodities and, in my view, the only realtor to use if you are buying or selling at Le Havre is Nancy & David Legaz of RE/MAX Universal Real Estate. [Now members of Keller Williams Realty Landmark] "
-Linda Brezin, Client